Arrow of Light Requirements
Be active in your Webelos den for at least 6 months since completing the fourth grade (or for at least six months since becoming 10 years old), and earn the Webelos badge .
Show your knowledge of the requirements to become a Boy Scout by doing all of these:
- Repeat from memory and explain in your own words the Scout Oath or Promise and the 12 points of the Scout Law. Tell how you have practiced them in your everyday life.
- Give and explain the Scout motto, slogan, sign, salute and handshake.
- Understand the significance of the Scout badge. Know its parts and tell what each stands for.
- Tell how a Boy Scout uniform is different from a Webelos Scout uniform.
- Tie the joining knot (square knot)
Earn five more activity badges in addition to the three you already earned for the Webelos badge. The total of eight activity badges must include:
- At least one from the Outdoor Group
- At least one from the Mental Skills Group
- At least one from the Technology Group
- Two more of your choice
With your Webelos den, visit at least one Boy Scout troop meeting, and one Boy Scout-oriented outdoor activity.
Participate in a Webelos overnight campout or day hike.
After you have completed all five of the above requirements, and after a talk with your Den Webelos leader, arrange to visit, with your parent or guardian, a meeting of a Boy Scout troop you think you might like to join. Have a conference with the Scoutmaster. Complete and turn in a “Join Boy Scouting” application to the Scoutmaster during the conference.